I cannot believe I'm saying this, but it was in the upper 60s here in Dallas yesterday. How crazy is that? It's back into the 90s again today, but that one little taste of cooler weather got me all kinds of excited to start dressing for Fall!
Now, when you know you're going to have warm temps on into October like we do here in Texas, you have to get creative on how to add Fall to your warm weather wardrobe while still keeping cool. Some easy ways to do that are:
- adding booties to your shorts outfit
- wear a light weight sweater with jeans or jean shorts
- adding a hat/fedora do you summery dress
- incorporating Fall colors into your wardrobe (think jewel tones for Fall)
What's my favorite way to incorporate Fall into my warm weather wardrobe? SCARVES! I personally love blanket wraps/scarves, but if you're more of a smaller scarf guy or gal, check out these amazing tutorials from Nordstrom and Lands' End on different ways to tie a scarf!
4 ways to wear a blanket wrap:
1. shawl - as pictured
2. shawl/belted - as pictured + add a belt (at your natural waistline or above your baby bump if you're preggo)
3. wrap around - simply wrap it around your neck like a smaller scarf; if you have a blanket scarf that you're working with and it's more of a square shape, check out this youtube tutorial I found on how to do it easily!
4. snowman - think frosty the snowman...the middle of the scarf should lay draped in front below your chin, then wrap around each side and let two long pieces drape in front
xx - anna