Decorating for the holidays is one of my favorite things about the winter months – I love the warm feeling that garland, Christmas tress and festive pillows can give a household. While I have the same basic decorations I use each year, it’s always fun to add some new elements to my holiday decor. This year I challenged myself to come up with some new decorations, but spend the least amount of money I could. So, today’s project was inspired by holiday magazines (isn’t it so fun to get decorating ideas that way?), and cost a total of $8!!!
I’ve seen this idea of framing a wreath or an ornament in several magazines, and thought it would be a great way to flank my living room mirror with a little holiday cheer. The “how to” is below and be sure to check out my pinterest board here for other DIY holiday decorating ideas!
1. Frames ($4) – I found 4 gold frames at the dollar store and took out the glass
2. Bells (4$) – I found bell ornaments with the pine cones and greenery on them and simply removed the hook
3. ribbon of choice (free) – I used ribbon that I already had
1. tie ribbon to your bell/ornament
2. tie the ribbon to the top of the frame – I wrapped my ribbon around the frame a couple of times & then tied it
3. hang your frame!
So simple! Enjoy! I’d love to hear some of your DIY ideas in the comments if you have one I should try!
xo – anna