Happy Sunday, y'all, and happy anniversary to my sweet husband! It's kind of crazy to think that we've been married for 6 years now. In light of my Wedding Wednesday mini series I thought it would be fun to share with you a little bit about our wedding story and some of the details from our big day!
- Where were you engaged: Travis and I got engaged in April 2010 at the Dallas Arboretum. It's quite a funny story of how I actually got there, but that's for another day. Trav and I went to have a wine and cheese picnic wish was a regular occurrence for us and he surprised me by popping the question. Then we walked over to another part of the arboretum and there waiting was my family, his family, and our closest friends.
- Registry: We registered at Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Macy's, and a small boutique here in Dallas called Neha's.
- Wedding Venue - Ceremony: The Chapel at Prestonwood Baptist Church
- Wedding Venue - Reception: The Belo Mansion & Pavilion
- Officiant: David Cobbs - Trav and I were not married at our home church (Watermark) and didn't have a pastor that had known us as we were dating, but knew we wanted someone that could speak to our love for Christ and our love for each other. Trav's dad is qualified to be an officiant, so he did our ceremony. It was so incredibly sweet!
- Vows: we chose traditional vows. I know for a fact that if I wrote my own I wouldn't be able to say even 1 line for crying.
- Number of bridesmaids & groomsmen: We had 9 each. Crazy!
- Number of Guests: The number of guests that actually attended was somewhere between 450 and 500 including our wedding party. Nuts!
- Hair: My long-time hair stylist, Whitney Haynes of FORM, did my hair and did a fabulous job!
- Veil or no veil: I wore a cathedral veil during the ceremony and immediately after for pictures, but did not wear it at the reception.
- Frist look: We actually opted not to do the first look and I think that was the right decision for us. Even though I'm a picture freak, nothing can replace seeing Travis weep when the doors of the chapel opened.
- Gift for the bride: pearl bracelet
- Gift for the Groom: Engraved guitar pick
- Favorite part of the ceremony: At the end of the ceremony before we were announced as husband and wife Trav's dad had us turn to face the crowd and everyone in the audience was holding candles and we all sang How Great Thou Art.
- Band: Cuvee
- Florist: The Garden Gate - Junior is one of the best for sure! He's also super great about working within your budget. Highly recommend him!
- Photographer: Jess Barfield
- First dance: The Very Thought of You by Nat King Cole
- Cake: Frosted Art
- Signature Drinks: Mine was a sour apple martini and Trav's was an old fashioned.
- Send off: We were led outdoors by the band and drove off an in old fashioned Rolls Royce.
- Honeymoon: We stayed a week at the Ladera Resort in St. Lucia and loved every. single. thing. about it. We cannot wait to go back!
If you're curious about anything else just let me know! I've included some pictures of our wedding below. It's more pictures than I normally include in a post so feel free to scroll through or take your time! Thanks for stopping by the blog today!!