Well, folks, at 40 weeks and 4 days, I can safely say that we are more than ready to welcome our second baby girl into this world. It appears however, that she is quite comfy and may have different plans...we'll keep you updated!
On that note however, I shared with you all last week the items I have packed for baby #2 for the hospital. So, this week I thought I would share the top 11 essentials I will be bringing with me to the hospital for...me. 🙂
1. robe - having a robe at the hospital is key - it's easy and comfortable and the best way to cover up for guests that come visit; I recommend buying one that makes you feel pretty - after all, it's a day of celebration for you, too! I love this Oscar de la Renta Floral Robe from Nordstrom and some of my favorite robes can be found at Plum Pretty Sugar (be sure to check shipping dates on this one becuase they can be long)
2. hair ties/toiletries - I love these hair ties for birth because they hold up your hair, but don't leave any creases in case you want to let your hair down for some pictures (this is the part where my husband would roll his eyes, haha)
3. nursing pads - learning to breastfeed can me a messy business and I can attest to the fact that when your baby cries, you do leak milk, so be prepared! And while disposable nursing pads are great, but these Bamboobies washable nursing pads are so much better because they're softer and you can wash them as many times as you want. If you have a Buy Buy Baby near you, remember that you can use your 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon there too!
4. nursing tanks - these are one of the easiest things to throw own at the hospital - it's easy to nurse and easy to throw a robe over when guests come visit; I'm sure everyone has their favorite brand, but the Target nursing tanks worked great for me with Emma Grace and I plan on using them again with #2. I just can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on these...
5. socks - this seems like a silly item to pack, but hospitals are cold so bring your favorite socks to stay warm!
6. camera/chargers - I feel like I use my iPhone for about 90% of my pictures, but you'll want to bring a legit camera to the hospital to get some quality images of your baby's first couple of days!!
7. boppy - if you're a first time mommy, I definitely recommend bringing a boppy pillow to aid in breastfeeding. However, you can always use a pillow to serve the same purpose!
8. flip flops - this seems silly, too, but you'll want something that's easy to slip on to walk from your bed to the bathroom...I would not advise going barefoot. I wear my Tory Burch flip flops almost on the daily, but any will do!
9. nursing bra - some of the best advice I received was to invest in a good nursing bra and the logic behind that statement is that you are clipping and unclipping and bending your bra who knows how many times a day to breastfeed and the better the quality, the longer the bra will hold up. I recommend the Cosabella nursing bras for their quality, comfort, and look! Nordstrom carries Cosabella bras, too, if you'd rather use your Nordstrom card!
10. big underwear - even if you haven't had to go up a size in underwear during your pregnancy, you'll want to bring a couple of pairs one size bigger to the hospital just because you will want something loose and something big enough to fit a cooling pad. For me, I'd recommend going to Target and grabbing a couple pairs of panties!
11. nipple cream - you may not think you would need this so soon, but you never know; nursing definitely takes its toll on a moms body and it is much better to be prepared. I used this cream with EG and it worked great and was safe for baby!
What are your mommy essentials for delivery??
xx - anna