Hello third trimester! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going and it's hard to believe that we'll be meeting baby#2 in just a couple of months! The third trimester is definitely my favorite trimester because you get to feel the baby more, you start going to the OB more often (I'm currently going every 2 weeks) which means you get to hear the heart beat more, and it means d-day (delivery day) is on the horizon!
- how far along: 30 weeks, 3 days
- how big is the baby: the size of a butternut squash (approx 17 inches, 3.1 lbs)
- what is my favorite app for baby updates? With both pregnancies I have used the "what to expect" app because it gives you the baby's age, the size of your baby, a weekly update on the baby's development, and a new tip every day for you or for daddy!
- aversions: I still haven't had a true aversion to any food yet, but we have discovered that if I eat regular ice cream (not froyo...thank God), I get really sick...let's hope this changes post-pregnancy
- mood: I'm still feeling great, but tire really easily and I am still attributing that to constantly picking up and chasing after a 2-year old
- how am I sleeping?: Pretty well for the most part; I already have a small bladder so I'm used to getting up a couple of times at night, but I would say on average, I get up about 5-7 times to go to the bathroom
- how is the baby positioned?: baby #2 is already head-down (yay!) and is resting riiiiight on my bladder
- is baby#2 active in the womb?: not. at. all. This has been so hard to get used to because Emma Grace moved all the time from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. This little girl moves a tiny bit right when I wake up and then a tiny bit when I sit down at the end of the day. Maybe this means she'll be a lot calmer than EG? Fingers crossed. 🙂
- do we have a named picked out for baby#2?: Yes! Well, kind of... We finally agreed on a first name, but can't decide on a middle name. We've shared the name with close friends and family, but aren't going to post it on social media until she's born. 🙂
- body changes: I haven't really felt any major body changes in the past couple of weeks, but I'm in the stage now where baby should be gaining about 1/2 lb a week, so I'm sure my belly will be getting much larger from here on out!
- nursery: We still haven't done very much to update the nursery as we've been so focused on finishing Emma Grace's toddler room, so we're hoping to start that process in August!
- dad: Travis is still doing great! He's focused on finishing up his MBA at SMU and we always joke that he's book-ended his school with girls as Emma Grace was born one week before he started and baby #2 will be born a couple weeks after he finished. I will say that I will be so excited to have a little extra help!
- emma grace: I'm still not quite sure if she gets it, but we got to see her interact with an infant this past weekend while we were on vacation and it was so precious. She loved being around the baby and would sit with the baby during tummy time and give him kisses. I think she has some motherly instincts. She's going to be an awesome big sister!
- product of the week: The product of the week this week is one for me. If you follow my blog then you are well aware that I LOVE wearing dresses, which can get tricky when you're pregnant because not all dresses are comfortable. However, I have found the most comfortable and most flattering dress and if I could recommend any clothing item to pregnant mommies it would be this tank dress from Ingrid & Isabel. If the majority of your pregnancy is going to be during cooler months, there are longer sleeve options and you can find them here at Nordstrom.
- our prayer: Our prayer for baby #2 this week is to just continue developing right on track. We pray that she continues to gain weight and we'll grace us with her presence when she's good and ready!
xo - anna