Good morning and happy hump day! Why does Wednesday always seem like the hardest day of the week to get through? I have several new patients to evaluate and several old patients to see, but I'm hoping I end earlier enough to run a couple errands before the girls and the hubs get home.
Anyway, who remembers culottes? Y'all, I was trying to think of the last time I wore culottes and I can't recall exactly. I remember wearing gaucho pants in college, but I think the last time I wore legitimate culottes was in elementary school. Yikes; that was quite a while ago...
Anyway, the "culotte" trend has been a big one since this past Fall and is carrying into Spring. I have been debating this trend for quite some time, but finally decided to give it a go. I was worried about taking on this trend because not only am I short, but I have a super short torso, so I was worried this type of pant would just cut off my legs and make me look squatty.
I initially tried these pants with a bulky sweater tucked into the front, but it look awful. I love that look on taller women or women that are more slender, but it just didn't look right on me. So then I started brainstorming different ways to wear culottes and thought y'all might be in the same boat! So below I have listed ---- ways to wear culottes and hopefully one will resonate with your style and body type!
Check out this article from Refinery 29, too, for some more inspiration on what to pair with your culottes!
Pair your culottes with:
1. a chunky knit sweater partially tucked into the front - example: nordstrom (under $30)
2. a turtle neck or sleeveless top (as pictured in this post) to elongate your torso - example: banana republic
3. a peplum top to accentuate your waist - example: express
4. a fitted sleeveless crop top and a cropped leather jacket - example: topshop
5. a cropped off-the-shoulder top - example: nordstrom
6. a crop top - example: nordstrom
7. a wrap top to elongate your figure - example: asos
Thanks for reading!!!
shop this look:
xx - anna