Happy Wedding Wednesday!! Today's post is such a fun topic - destination weddings! I was married here in Dallas, but have always thought there was just something so dreamy about having a destination wedding. I haven't actually attended a destination wedding yet, but my friend, Lauren, is currently planning the most picturesque wedding in Florence, Italy, so I've gotten to live vicariously through her. If you haven't met Lauren yet, I recommend you check out her blog - A Lo Profile. Her passion for food, travel, and fashion will instantly captivate you just like it did me! But enough from me. I had the honor of interviewing Lauren about planning a destination wedding and am sharing it all with you guys here!
Planning a Destination Wedding with Lauren Morgan:I am originally from Dallas, Texas (fun fact: I went to the same high school as Anna’s husband!) and attended the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville where I studied Psychology. I went to graduate school in Little Rock, Arkansas and now work as a School Psychologist in Dallas. I am in my fifth year as a School Psychologist and recently switched districts this year. Charles (my fiance) is from a small town in Arkansas and we knew each other’s names but did not really know each other in college. We had a TON of mutual friends, and even spent a Summer as neighbors, but somehow did not really spend much time together. My last few months of graduate school I was ready to move back to Dallas and spent every weekend I could in town. Charles moved to Dallas after finishing graduate school. We hung out one weekend when I was visiting and he ‘stole’ my phone and put his number into it. He texted himself, and we started texting and have talked every day since. We have now dated over five years, but got engaged in August after about four and a half. We have traveled the world together, lived in another country for a Summer together, adopted a dog, and lived together in Dallas during our time dating. We are getting married on July 1, 2017 in Florence, Italy. Everyone who knows us knows that we love to travel and so there is no better way for us to start our lives as a married couple together than by having a destination wedding!
- How did you and your fiancé determine where you would get married abroad?
- Do you recommend having the ceremony and reception at one location since most guests will not be familiar with the area?
- Will you be honeymooning in Italy as well?
- How far in advance do you need to plan for a destination wedding abroad?
- Is it more expensive to have a wedding in Dallas or Italy?
- Has a difference in currency been a problem?
- Has having a destination wedding affected the number of guests you’ve invited?
- Will you or do you recommend having a reception or party back in Dallas when you get back from your Honeymoon for locals to celebrate you?
- Does your venue aboard dictate your vendors?
- How do you do things like cake tasting or do you just forego that luxury of planning a wedding locally?
- Do you recommend using a photographer there or bringing one with you?
- Do you recommend hiring a wedding planner here or there to help or not at all?
- How are you handling gifts? Are you asking people to just mail gifts instead of bringing them to Italy?
- How will you get your dress there?
- How far in advance will you get there?
- How will you get all the information to your guests? Your wedding website?
- Do you send invites or save-the-dates out earlier so that people can get their plane tickets as early as possible?
- Has anyone been mad or gotten vocal about you guys choosing a destination wedding?
all images via a lo profile